This page is out of date!
|Photo by Glen Gower|
Today's guest post is from Melissa Patterson, a Kanata resident and Holdiay Craft show aficionado. These craft shows are extremely popular. Last weekend's Etsy show at Bell Sensplex attracted over 3,000 people on a hot, sunny Saturday afternoon. Our 2013 listing of craft fairs was one of the busiest pages on our site last fall.
As we sip our very first pumpkin spice lattes of the fall, another seasonal trend is upon us; the Ottawa craft scene has already begun to ramp up for the holiday season! Hundreds of talented artisans from all over Canada, take part in shows in and around Ottawa on any given weekend between now and the December holiday season to showcase their truly unique, one-of-a-kind, handmade wares.
To ensure the best possible craft fair experience here are a couple pro-tips to take under advisement before heading out:
- Be sure to get to these shows early (i.e. before they open!) as some of them hand out swag bags that are to be coveted!
- Bring a bottle of water. Craft fair shopping is hard work!
- Bring a reusable bag to carry all your awesome finds.
- If you’re bringing your wee one and are comfortable with babywearing do that instead of bringing a stroller. The shows are usually packed and a stroller often becomes more hassle than a help.
- Bring smaller denominations of money if possible. Also, don’t forget that many vendors (but not all) can now take credit cards!
- Bring your rockin’ attitude & patience. Everyone is there to have a great time!
Get your calendars out and be sure to mark the follow shows down!
All Saints Christmas Craft & Gift Fair
Saturday, November 1st (9am – 4pm)
All Saints High School, 5115 Kanata Ave, Kanata, ON
Handmade Harvest Holiday Edition 2014
Saturday, November 8th (9am – 4pm) & Sunday, November 9th (10am – 3pm)
Old Almonte Town Hall – 14 Bridge Street, Almonte, ON
Ottawa Signatures Show (Artisans & designers from across the country)
When: Tuesday, November 11th – Sunday, November 16th
Where: Ottawa Convention Centre, 55 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, ON
Capital Pop-Up Handmade Show (proceeds from the show go to the Ottawa Food Bank)
When: Saturday, November 22nd (10am – 4pm)
Where: The Bronson Centre (Mac Hall), 211 Bronson Ave, Ottawa, ON
When: Saturday-Sunday, November 22-23
Where: Library & Archives Canada Building (Wellington Street)
Finders Keepers One of a Kind Trunk Show
Sunday, November 30th (10am – 4pm)
Carleton Place Canoe Club, 179 John Street, Carleton Place, ON http://www.finderskeeperscraftshow.com/
Old-Fashioned Christmas & Outdoor Artisan Market
When: Sunday, November 30th (10am – 3pm)
Where: Goulbourn Museum, 2064 Huntley Road, Stittsville, ON
Urban Craft Market
Saturday, December 6th (10am – 3pm)
The Glebe Community Centre, 175 Third Avenue, Ottawa, ON
MAC Fair: Christmas Edition
Saturday, December 6th (10am – 3pm)
Immaculata High School, 140 Main Street, Ottawa, ON
Originals Ottawa Christmas Craft Sale
Thursday, December 11th – Sunday, December 21st (Closed on Monday, December 15th)
The Ernst and Young Centre, 4899 Uplands Drive, Ottawa, ON
- Blackburn Lodge Seniors Residence Christmas Bazaar - Saturday, November 29th, 2014
- Goulbourn Museum Seeking Vendors for Christmas Artisan Market
- Gowling Christmas & Holiday Craft Show - November 15th
- Kemptville's St. Michael Christmas Craft Show, Sat., November 15th, Bigger Than Ever
- Nov 8: Caldwell Family Centre - Christmas Bazaar
- Nov. 8th 9:00 -2:00 MBFA craft and vendor fair at Kitchissippi United Church
- T.H.A.T. Craft Fair
We're putting together this year's craft show listing. If you're planning a craft show this fall, here's how you can add it to our list...
See also: Ottawa Craft Show Guide
If you liked this post, you should subscribe to etcetera, our free email newsletter. Featuring cool Ottawa events, interesting local news and contests and giveaways. Thanks!