- PHOTO: Old smashed up piano on Hinchey Avenue
There was something compelling and beautiful about this photo of an old smashed up piano, taken by NikMaack.
- Ottawa photo of the day: Commuters help push an OC Transpo bus out of the snowThis says alot about a) the resiliency of OC Transpo and b) the upstanding residents of Ottawa.
- Up for auction: Two 12-foot fiberglass rabbits, Mussie the “Muskrat Lake Monster”, and more from Storyland
If you bought any of these items please let us know.
- 14 Ottawa Instagrammers who I like to follow
A list of very creative digital artists taking great photos of our city.
- Andrew King uncovers a shipwreck in the Ottawa River
Amazingly, despite several articles in the local media and extensive sleuthing on Andrew's part, so far nobody's been able to confirm where this old boat came from.
- PHOTOS: Kiteboarding at Britannia Beach
Now that looks like fun.
- Hintonburger KFC bucket sign now available on Kijiji
A follow-up, of sorts to a 2011 blog post titled "The unmarked graves of Ottawa's KFC's"
- Getaway idea: An overnight stay in a treehouse in Lanark County
A couple of readers have emailed me to tell me that this was indeed a great vacation adveture.
- Photo: Maman, wearing socks, in front of the National Gallery
There was some maintenance being done on Ottawa's most famous arachnid, leading to this amusing photo.
- Great Moments in Ottawa Signage: "Whoever's praying for snow..."
We've had some snow this season, but nothing like last year.
- Photo: OC Transpo bus window smashed by "a tidal wave of slush"
Nobody was hurt.
- Essential Ottawa Blogs: Over 40 must-read local blogs
After much procrastination I finally updated this list. Good reading.
- Christopher Ryan: Ponderosa, Ottawa's steakhouse bonanza
It's not high class dining but just about everybody remembers eating there at some point.
- A look at some imaginary/speculative Ottawa transit maps
Imagine a subway down Bank Street!
- Ottawa is Boring: The ultimate LRT tunnel construction t-shirt
Ottawa is in fact not boring, but you'll have to read the blog post for the explanation.
- Elk! Police (and Twitter) respond in force
Put your hands up, or elk!
- 25 Days of Christmas Lights
Christophe Ledent's photo series chronicling Ottawa's biggest and brightest Christmas light displays.
- The history of Boyd House at 173 Huntmar
Our series about an old 19th century stone house in Stittsville.
If you liked this post, you should subscribe to etcetera, our free email newsletter. Featuring cool Ottawa events, interesting local news and contests and giveaways. Thanks!