Looking for costume ideas for the Halloween party you're attending this weekend? Here is our second annual Ultimate Ottawa Halloween Costume List. (You can read the 2011 list here.)
- 174 Sinkhole. The obvious choice this year. I'm dressed up in the photo on the right with a simple black garbage bag, a license plate and some caution tape. (Unlike my pathetic design pictured at right, you should probably cut holes out for vision and breathing.)
- Maman. Dress up as the giant spider in front of the National Gallery. Have a friend accompany you with a camera to take pictures.
- Rideau Canal Skateway. Encase yourself in a giant block of ice. (A very temporary costume.)
- Bridgehead Coffee Cup. There are lots of instructions online for creating a coffee cup costume. Add the Bridgehead logo to give it an exclusively Ottawa feel.
- Terry The Hot Dog Guy. You know the guy who sells hot dogs at the corner of Bank and Laurier? Just get a toque and a tray of hot dogs and maybe some tongs and you're all set.
- Calypso Water Park. Find some flexible white dryer pipe, paint it blue. Put on a swimsuit and wrap the blue pipe around yourself. Maybe a some goggles or floaties too.
What's your best Halloween costume idea? Add your comments below.
See also: Ottawa Hallowen Guide
If you liked this post, you should subscribe to etcetera, our free email newsletter. Featuring cool Ottawa events, interesting local news and contests and giveaways. Thanks!