|Rock sculptures along the Ottawa River (see #36). |
Photo by Ross Dunn and shared on the OttawaStart Flickr Group.
(You can add your recommendations in the comments below.
- Go see Mosaika and/or do yoga on Parliament Hill.
- Ride your bike on a parkway during Alcatel-Lucent Sunday Bikedays.
- Have another beer on another patio.
- Buy fresh food at a local farmers' market.
- Visit a local winery or brewery.
- Take a road trip to Almonte or Merrickville or Perth or Wakefield or even Cornwall.
- Listen to some music at an outdoor music festival.
- Go to an electronic music festival.
- Watch some theatre in a park from A Company of Fools or Odyssey Theatre.
- Go to the fair.
- Go ghost hunting or take a haunted walk.
- Go see Van Gogh Up Close at the National Gallery.
- Walk around and admire Ottawa's street art.
- Sample some street food.
- Play in the sand at the temporary Rideau Canal Beach.
- Build a sand castle at a real beach or swim in an outdoor pool.
- Explore a cave.
- Take a photo of a gorgeous sunset.
- Go to a drive-in movie. There's one in Gatineau and one near Perth.
- Go to an outdoor movie like Centretown Movies or a movie on the beach.
- Check out Saturday night reggae at Westboro Beach.
- Go see Sex: A Tell-All Exhibition at the Museum of Science and Technology.
- Walk through the grounds at Rideau Hall.
- Rent a paddleboat at Dow's Lake.
- Play mini-golf.
- Take your dog for a run at Lemieux Island.
- Take a hike in the Greenbelt.
- Go to a water park. Calypso or Mont Cascades.
- Check out World Press Photo at the War Museum.
- See some fireworks at Lac Leamy.
- Go to a beach in the Gatineaus.
- Bike down that really steep hill behind Major's Hill Park.
- See the whales at the Museum of Nature.
- Invite your neighbours over for a bbq.
- Go see the rock sculptures along the Ottawa River.
- Visit the Wild Bird Care Centre.
- Learn how they wash the cows at the Agriculture Museum.
- Ride on a pirate ship at Mooney's Bay.
- Watch the hot air balloons over Gatineau.
See also: Ottawa Tourism Guide
If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to our blog via email, Twitter, Facebook or RSS. Thank you.