|Live shot of Parliament Hill. Photo courtesy of the Government of Canada.|
- For a big list of local activities in Ottawa, visit OttawaStart's Canada Day Guide. The list includes info about the big show on Parliament Hill, and smaller events around our community as well.
- Our Fireworks Guide includes information about the massive show at Parliament Hill.
- Wondering what shopping centres and grocery stores are open this weekend? Or where you can get some wine or beer on July 1? Here's a list of what's open and closed in Ottawa on July 1 & 2, 2012.
- There are lots of road closures on July 1 due to the festivities downtown.
- If you're heading out of town, check our Traffic Guide for links to highway conditions, border wait times, etc.
- The forecast for the long weekend looks AMAZING. Hot and sunny. Our Ottawa Weather Guide has the latest info.
- Cool off at a beach, swimming pool, wading pool, splash pad or water park. Here's a list of locations in Ottawa and Gatineau: Ottawa Swimming Guide.
- It'll be a hot weekend but still a good one for bike riding. Check our Ottawa Bike Guide for bike path maps and other resources.
- It's the perfect time of year to check out a local Farmers' Market or go strawberry picking.
See also: Ottawa Events Guide
If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to our blog via email, Twitter, Facebook or RSS. Thank you.