|Potato and pea samosas. From iStockphoto.|
It all started out so innocently when Wilson Lo tweeted this question on Thursday night:
We retweeted his question on the @ottawastart Twitter feed, and our readers came up with these recommendations:
- @robertdekker: "Boushey's on Elgin usually has fresh samosas."
- @afooteCTV: "Not sure about best, but Mike's Place at Carleton has some good ones."
- @Luccidor: "Totally agree about the Mike's Place samosas. I wonder if they still have that addictive chutney?"
- @Stevemus_Prime: "I forget the name of the place, but it's on ground floor of apartment bldg across from Home Depot on Bank St"
- @AllisonJette: "Deli on the ground floor of an apartment building on Bank St across from Home Depot. Hard to get to but worth it."
- @willems_steph: "Convenience store on Slater and Bay usually has fresh ones"
- @melainsworthroy: "I'm a big fan of the ones at Rainbow Foods near Richmond Rd and Carling!"
(Pretty sure the place across from Home Depot is called Sambuza Village. Here's a review from Ottawa Magazine.)
See also: Ottawa Food Guide
If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to our blog via email, Twitter, Facebook or RSS. Thank you.