|One of the artifcats on display at MAYA: Secrets of their Ancient World at the Museum of Civilization.|
While everybody's distracted by the sex exhibit at the Museum of Science and Tech, several other museums have some great exhibits and events happening:
- At the Museum of Civilization, MAYA: Secrets of their Ancient World opens on Friday and runs until October 28. Maybe you can find out the truth about the whole "the world ends in 2012" thing.
- The Museum of Nature is offering free admission on Friday, May 18 as part of International Museums Day. (Some special exhibits and the IMAX shows still have admission.)
- At the Diefenbunker, they're displaying "unique and rarely seen Cold War artifacts" on Friday, May 18.
- The Bytown Museum has several interesting exhibits on right now, including The Urban Forest (until September 30), and Capital Neighbourhoods, an interactive virtual exhibit that you can explore online.
- On May 19 at the Aviation Museum there's a special show called Sky-high Magic featuring Ottawa illusionist Chris Pilsworth.
- The Agriculture Museum has a Sheep Shearing Festival on from May 21-23. Proving once again that there is a festival for EVERYTHING in Ottawa.
- The Currency Museum hosts ComODDITY - We Used WHAT for Money? featuring strange and wonderful things people have used for money in human history. May 19-21.
- Van Gogh: Up Close opens at the National Gallery on May 25 and runs until September 3.
- The Goulbourn Museum is launching an 1812 colouring contest, but you have to be a member.
You can find links to all of these museums (and others) on our Ottawa Museums Guide.
If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to our blog via email, Twitter, Facebook or RSS. Thank you.