|#24: Take your dog for a run at Lemieux Island. Photo by Diego's owner.|
It's August. Already. Here's what you still need to get done before September:
- Go see Mosaika and/or do yoga on Parliament Hill.
- Ride your bike on a parkway during Alcatel Sunday Bikedays.
- Have another beer on another patio.
- Buy fresh food at a local farmers' market.
- Take a road trip to Almonte or Merrickville or Perth or Wakefield or even Cornwall.
- Listen to some music at an outdoor music festival.
- Go to an electronic music festival.
- Go to a food festival, like garlic or cheese curds or ice cream.
- Watch some theatre in a park from A Company of Fools or Odyssey Theatre.
- Go to the fair.
- Take in a Fat Cats baseball game.
- Go ghost hunting or take a haunted walk.
- Go see Caravaggio at the National Gallery.
- Walk around and admire Ottawa's street art.
- Explore a cave.
- Eat some french fries from a chip truck.
- Take a photo of a gorgeous sunset.
- Go to a drive-in movie. There's one in Gatineau and one near Perth.
- Walk through the grounds at Rideau Hall.
- Rent a paddleboat at Dow's Lake.
- Watch a movie in a park in Centretown.
- Play mini-golf.
- Take your dog for a run at Lemieux Island.
- Take a hike in the Greenbelt.
- Go to a water park. Calypso or Mont Cascades.
- See some fireworks at Lac Leamy.
- Go to a beach in the Gatineaus.
- Bike down that really steep hill behind Major's Hill Park.
- Sit around the campfire.
31. Test drive an expensive car you can't afford.
32. Invite your neighbours over for a bbq.
Add your summer checklist to the comments below.
See also: Ottawa Tourism Guide
If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to our blog via email, Twitter, Facebook or RSS. Thank you.