|Live shot of Parliament Hill. Photo courtesy of the Government of Canada.|
Ahhh... Canada Day Eve ... the night kids have been waiting for all year long, when the Prime Minister travels across the country in his sleigh and delivers maple syrup and Celine Dion cd's to little boys and girls who've been good citizens all year long.
But seriously folks, this is the biggest event weekend of the summer, with hundreds of thousands of people expected downtown for Canada Day and thousands more taking part in events all over the city on July 1 and beyond. Here are some suggestions:
- Official Canada Day Events
We have all the details about the big events on Parliament Hill, at Jacques Cartier Park and at Major's Hill Park, including fireworks.
- Community Canada Day EventsA huge list of community celebrations in Orleans (Petrie Island), Barrhaven and Kanata and at Andrew Haydon Park. Also event info for events in the surrounding region.
- More Interesting Canada Day Events
There are fun neighbourhood events happening all day, like a skateboarding event, a baseball game, and a Sens open practice.
- The Royal Visit
The full itinerary for Will and Kate's excellent Ottawa adventure.
- 20+ More Awesome Ottawa Events This Weekend
Our weekly event round-up, featuring event suggestions from Ottawa's best bloggers and twitterers.
- Road closures, schedule changes, open and closed, etc.
Lots of information to help you navigate the city on this holiday weekend.
Have fun out there!
See also: Ottawa Canada Day Guide
If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to our blog via email, Twitter, Facebook or RSS. Thank you.