We've moved!
Heads up if you're a regular reader of the OttawaStart Blog in this space,
we've moved our blog posts over to our main web site at http://ottawastart.com

June 28, 2011

Photos of people who've taken up two parking spaces with one car

If you've ever cursed at someone who can't seem to park inside the yellow gridlines, here's a twitter feed for you: @failpark_yow "Who knows, if you're an arrogant, selfish a-hole in public parking lots, you may just find yourself on this page!"

See also: Ottawa Driving Guide
If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to our blog via email, Twitter, Facebook or RSS. Thank you.


  1. Anonymous4:21 PM

    I take 2 spots because I have a full size truck. If I take just 1 spot then I can't get the doors open without hitting the car beside me, and the people either side of me will bang their doors into me getting into their car.
    I'm not being arrogant, I'm actually being considerate of the people beside me.
    Give me a wider parking spot and I'll stay within the lines!

  2. Thanks for commenting - good to see another perspective. Does anyone know if parking spaces are getting smaller, or is just that our vehicles are getting bigger?

  3. Anonymous8:06 PM


    Here is an interesting article on parking in Ottawa

  4. Anonymous10:29 PM

    Looks like lots of space in the row behind you! Lame excuse. Enuf said

  5. Not sure why that's lame, doesn't matter which row they're in if someone parks beside them, they get dinged. (for the record I try to park with one side to curb/wall so I can get over as far as possible to that side)

    This however is just plain wrong - http://www.flickr.com/photos/neeroc/5694064176

  6. Anonymous8:59 AM

    I think its equally obnoxious to take pictures of peoples parked vehicles and post them on the internet. Guessing that people that take pictures of these cars would never say anything to the driver in person. Don't we have better things to concern ourselves with?

  7. Anonymous9:31 AM

    This is what I tell my kids "If you're going to do something stupid we might end up on the internet" just sayin...

  8. Anonymous9:41 AM

    i see no problem with this parking job -- large truck/suv with big doors in a spot meant for a midsize -- saves my car from getting yet another door ding.

  9. Anonymous said: Guessing that people that take pictures of these cars would never say anything to the driver in person.

    It's kind of on par with people who post comments like this anonymously, eh?

    And for the record, recently I told someone getting out of their car that they were parked in a fire lane (and right next to the sign, too) and was told off. It's a pity that the by-law enforcement officers weren't around.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.