We've moved!
Heads up if you're a regular reader of the OttawaStart Blog in this space,
we've moved our blog posts over to our main web site at http://ottawastart.com

May 29, 2011

Win a family pass to the Blackburn Fun Fair, June 3-5

UPDATE: Congrats to Wendy Leung who won the passes & thanks to Classic Amusements for providing the prize!

Family Fun
Detail from the house of mirrors.  Photo by Glen Gower.
We're giving away another great prize courtesy of Classic Amusements. This week's draw is for a Family Outing Package to the Blackburn Fun Fair, from Friday, June 3 to Sunday, June 5 in Blackburn Hamlet.  Each prize pack includes:
  • 2 all-you-can-ride bracelets (for the kids) 
  • 30 ride tickets (for mom & dad) 
  • 2 bags of cotton candy 
  • 1 large bag of popcorn 
  • (Please note - prize pack can only be redeemed from Friday and Saturday.)
It's a great idea for a family outing -- but if you don't have kids, you can still win and take some friends or make it a date night.

Three ways to enter:
  1. Write a comment at the bottom of this blog post, and tell us "what's the best prize you've ever won at a fair"?  (And if you've never won a prize - tell us just that!)
  2. If you have a Twitter account, tweet this for an extra entry: "You can win a family pass to the Blackburn Fun Fair from @ottawastart - enter here: http://goo.gl/AHGIE"
  3. And for another bonus entry, head over to OttawaStart's Facebook page, and "Comment" on the the contest info that's posted on our wall.  (And while you're at it, would you "like" our page too? And maybe share it with your friends?)
So yes, you can have up to THREE entries in the contest to increase your chance to win.  We'll do the draw on Wednesday night, June 1.  So check back to this space that evening to see if you're a winner. GOOD LUCK!  


  1. sdogg9:10 PM

    I won a big stuffed bear one year.

  2. sadly, I never won. maybe this will be the year

  3. Hmm... I have never really won anything, sadly! I just know my boys would LOVE this fair! :)

  4. I just liked you on facebook and left a comment there, too!

  5. Margaret Stocker9:57 PM

    My son won a long green snake, which is a scarf/belt/shoelaces, whatever his imagination makes it into.

  6. Sadly, I've never won anything at the fair but I've spent lots of money trying...does that count?

  7. I have never won anything at a fair. I think I am due!

  8. This is the best community fair going - my win is seeing all my friends and neighbours at it!

  9. I was 16 and won and lost the heart of a cute 15 year old red head I met.

  10. Rachel8:10 PM

    I won a jaguar at he CNE when I was 11 - that was a tween fantasy! @rachelach

  11. I won a giant Spiderman by throughout a baseball in a barrel.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.