|Pub Italia in Little Italy. Photo by Steve Brandon, used by permission.|
- Festivals and events can define an area larger than beer tents where people can walk around freely with drinks. Local communities are free to customize the events to their needs.
- Restaurant and bar servers can carry drinks on public sidewalks to licensed areas such as patios.
- Special events such as weddings or charity fundraisers can serve alcohol for an extra hour until 2 a.m.
- Business owners can give a complimentary drink to customers to celebrate a special occasion like an anniversary.
- The province is also strengthening enforcement by adding additional monetary penalties against those who violate Ontario's liquor laws.
See also: Ottawa Food & Drink Guide