|Photo by Maddie Gower|
- The festival shall be held the weekend following the final weekend of the Ottawa Tulip Festival.
- The festival shall be one day in length, scheduled on the Saturday.
- It shall be held in a large grassy park that is covered with dandelions. (That really narrows it down, eh?)
- The festival shall feature a day-long music concert, with local and Canadian bands. (Remember all the great bands they used to book at the Tulip Fest?)
- It shall not rain.
- The festival shall feature a stand-up comedy component, with many dandelion jokes.
- There shall be dandelions-as-food demonstrations by local foodies and local chefs.
- There shall be a local beer sponsor, like Beau's or Kichesippi.
- Spartacat shall make an appearance, because he is a dandy lion.
- There shall be a dandelion picking contest for kids, with prizes for the most dandelions collected.
- There shall be an arts component featuring crafty tributes to the noble dandelion.
- There will be a photo contest, with prizes for the best Ottawa dandelion photograph.
While I love attending festivals, I have no idea how to organize one. So if anyone wants to volunteer to help, please step up. And please add any other ideas for this festival below.
See also: Ottawa Festivals Guide