We've moved!
Heads up if you're a regular reader of the OttawaStart Blog in this space,
we've moved our blog posts over to our main web site at http://ottawastart.com



April 16, 2011

Majic 100's Kevin Nelson is battling a severe liver illness

When Stuntman Stu and Angie Poirier took over as hosts of Majic 100's morning show, a lot of listeners were asking what happened to Kevin Nelson. He's been off the air for several months, and the only explanation from the radio station was that it was an extended sick leave.

The Ottawa Citizen reports today that Nelson has a severe liver problem caused by a virus he picked up on holiday last summer.  Nelson, who's been with Majic since it launched in 1991, hopes to return to the airwaves.  Here's the article.


See also: Ottawa Radio Guide

7 comments:

  1. I am wishing kevin nelson good health and to hear him back on the radio.i didn't realize he was sick as he was with a bad virus from a vacation trip,,no one can replace kevin on the morning show,,,angie and stuntman are doing a good job but kevin was the one who had everyone on their toes with the contests,he always had a question or comment about anything that was going on in the world,,get better and loyal viewer of majic 100 for years

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:04 PM

    I just found out about Kevin being so sick I mean I knew he was sick ,but didn't realize how sick. Kevin I had been listening to you and Bill from day one when you came on the air with Majic over 20 years. My mornings just aren't the same without you and Bill and then Codi was an added bonus. There was no heads up about the morning show going South or all the changes that were coming to Majic.I know they wanted a younger crowd with Angie and Stu and yes they are doing a good job. For me there is to many changes at Majic and although change can be good it isn't always the best . I would prefer the Morning Show with Kevin,Bill and Codi back.Kevin I wish you a speedy recovery and wait to hear you back on the air some day soon. take care a loyal listener.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:01 AM

    Majic just isn't the same without Kevin & Bill & Codi. I used to get a good laugh every morning...there just isn't the chemistry anymore. I stopped listening to the station.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest in peace Kevin...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I will miss you my friend, called in many a time and had some good laughs with you Kevin, you made my day, you and Bill both, Heaven is just about to get a whole lot more interesting me thinks. Their gain our loss!!!

    Lynn Donker Navan Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:55 PM

    You are missed and forever will be...had to switch stations when you, Bill & Codi went missing.
    May you rest in peace. Condolences to your family & friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kevin was the most interesting and fun radio host ever! I still remember his "bouquet of elbows" comment as will all the loyal listeners.
    Kevin will always be in our hearts as a wonderful person who brought a smile to our faces everyday!
    You are missed Kevin, rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.