- Our list of 26 essential Ottawa blogs (and this list of another 30 or so great blogs about Ottawa) attracted a lot of visits, and sent a lot of new traffic to the blogs that we featured.
- Bluesfest is still months away but apparently you're all very interested in rumours and speculation about who's playing.
- This video by Wilbur, India's first YouTube star, shot on the Rideau Canal, went viral (at least in Ottawa) - and we posted it first on OttawaStart.
- The station formerly known as The Bear dropped "Virgin" and became The Bear once again.
- Graffiti knitters decorate Ottawa traffic signs. Also known as "knit bombing".
- We posted some nice pics from local photographers, including this shot of the Byward Market on a cold February morning, this pic of the ceiling at Ottawa's Via Rail station, this late-night shot of Lees Station, colourful dragons on Somerset Street,
- And some great videos too from local Youtubers: a flash mob on the Rideau Canal, Winterlude in miniature, and ice blasting on the Rideau River.
- Our readers came up with some great headlines re: the Fisher trade. (See also: Twitter activity when the trade news broke.)
- And my favourite sign in Ottawa: Worthless dam operating equipment.
March 01, 2011
The best stuff from February
It was a busy month for our little blog on February - here were some of the most popular blog posts in the past month: