It's not quite on the same level of hockey trade rumours, but I've seen a few rumours recently about possible performers as Bluesfest (July 5-17, 2011 in Ottawa). Most of the rumours are just speculation based on touring schedules, but still it's fun to start putting together a "fantasy Bluesfest line-up":
- The Sun's Denis Armstrong kicked off this season of Bluesfest rumours with speculation that the Eagles will play Bluesfest. "Also look for Peter Frampton, Yes and Pearl Jam to visit Bluesfest," he writes.
- Denis Armstrong also thinks Elvis Costello may play, and maybe even a re-united Buffalo Springfield. Perhaps Stone Temple Pilots and Blue Oyster Cult. Perhaps.
- Commenters on Festival Outlook, a web site that tracks festival line-ups for shows across North America, have mentioned Hey Rosetta, Cheap Trick, Rihanna, A Perfect Circle, Mumford and Sons, Lady Antebellum, Toby Keith, Taylor Swift, The Strokes.
- And U2, because they're playing in Montreal on July 8-9 and Toronto on July 11. (Is there enough room for a U2 show at the Lebreton Flats site?)
- From the forum at JamBands.ca, name-dropping includes Wilco, Colin James, Buddy Guy, George Thorogood, Michael Buble (!) and Kings of Leon.
- How about Cage the Elephant and the Black Keys?
- Here's a Facebook campaign to get Cheap Trick to play Bluesfest this year
- And Stuntman Stu wants your help to bring Huey Lewis and the News to Bluesfest
So who do you think is going to play at Bluesfest this year? Who do you want to see?
See also: Ottawa Bluesfest Guide