We've moved!
Heads up if you're a regular reader of the OttawaStart Blog in this space,
we've moved our blog posts over to our main web site at http://ottawastart.com



November 10, 2010

Ottawa couple tries to "free source" their wedding


Found an interesting site suggestion in our mailbox this week: Project Priceless. Brian and Jordan are an Ottawa couple who are getting married next year, and are trying to make the wedding "as free-of-charge as possible":
The method: the happy couple will borrow, trade, and accept donations of elements (stuff, services, etc) for the wedding. Everyone who contributes to the occasion gets a shout-out, and any businesses or artisans who contribute get big shout-outs. Contribute, or follow along just for fun to see how things are going.
Here's their blog where they're keeping track of all the donations and contributions.

Related: Ottawa Wedding Guide

6 comments:

  1. it's a cool idea...my only thing is that they're saying they'll accept donations of "stuff", but they've also accepted donations of money. that changes everything, imo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:02 PM

    What cheap asses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:32 AM

    Wow. To each their own I guess. Funny how someone's idea can generate such hatred in the Ottawa Citizen site.
    I for one, work full time, have been at the same job for 15 years. make decent money. Instead of donating cash to any cause, I would rather give something whether it be my time, items I do not use etc. I do not agree that you should donate to such and such cause because you get a tax receipt. I donate because I want to for whatever reason that may be.
    I do not see this as a "cause" as many have suggested it is. It is a fun idea, out of the norm. Yes, there are many "in need", that still need to be helped in one way or another, but this is a nice change of pace.
    These 2 are going to get married, with or without our help. If you decide not to participate, fine. But don't come down on those who do. For every "cause", there are many who do not believe in it. On the same hand, there are many who do.
    Congrats for this idea. I wish you both the best. I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I didnt mean to post that as anonymous.

    I wouldnt want people to get the wrong idea about me ...sorry.

    xoxox
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valentine10:53 PM

    I have a gorgeous wedding dress..that had a lot of fun on wedding night and needs a little TLC. Depends on what size you wear. Top-body part is a size 8-10 ans gorgeous lacework-short sleeve.
    You guys have a great idea. Getting married is fun, represents your values as a couple and and as what you want to teach your kids.
    Go ahead, have a gorgeous wedding, write your own vows on what commitment represents, commit, have the cutest kids in the world, smooth out happy.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.etiquettehell.com/?p=2419

    Sums it up.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.