Related: Ottawa OC Transpo Guide
- Pay is pretty darn good. Of course would like to see more.
- I like my hours, I own and ride a horse and train for competition so I like riding during the day so driving nights is ideal. My favourite shift being 4pm to midnight. Also I find nights are wasted watching TV so why not work instead and do my fun stuff during the day.
- Love driving the transitway, fun being on a road way that is just for me.
- When I am driving I am in control of my enviroment for the most part.
- I am not sitting at a desk!!!
- I like people for the most part.
- I get some good laughs most shifts.
- I don't live in the city but west of it, so I can leave my job completely behind when I go home. :)
- If I get bored with my work, I just have to wait 3-4 months and it will change.
- There is really never a dull moment driving a city bus, always something happening somewhere.
September 29, 2010
Why this OC Transpo driver loves his job
For all of the hate directed towards OC Transpo, sometimes it's hard to remember that Ottawa has a lot of good bus drivers who enjoy what they do and are genuinely concerned about the comfort and well-being of their passengers. I was reminded of this earlier ths week when I saw this post on LiveJournal from an anonymous OC Transpo driver, titled "Why I like my job":