- We checked out the Perseid meteor shower.
- Lots of great suggestions from Twitter readers and blog readers for Ottawa's best pizza.
- I suggested that we rename Carling Avenue "Egg Roll Avenue".
- Don't go quitting your day job, but you can get paid for portraying Captain Morgan.
- OC Transpo had a rough week.
- PM Stephen Harper played ping pong with Michael Buble.
- CBC weatherman Ian Black says we have already received more rain this month than what would be normal for the entire month.
- Joke: City approves gateway arch for Westboro
- No joke: New soccer statue gateway on Preston Street.
- Cool graffiti wall at the Ottawa Mission.
- Ikea has a great sale on meatballs.
- There are a surprisingly high number of yellow houses downtown.
- A Gatineau McDonald's burned down and for the most part we refrained from snarky comments.
- Possibly for the first time in Ottawa history, puppets cause a traffic jam.
- And finally, the Ottawa Citizen has appointed Glen McGregor as their "Social Media Editor".
August 14, 2010
The Saturday Round-Up: 15 items from this week
Fifteen cool/interesting/useful items from the past week. There will be a quiz.