We've moved!
Heads up if you're a regular reader of the OttawaStart Blog in this space,
we've moved our blog posts over to our main web site at http://ottawastart.com



March 09, 2010

Rant of the Day: Lowertown neighbours complain about sidewalk chalk

Jamine the Yoga Teacher tells the story of some Lowertown neighbours who are upset about chalk drawings her kids made on the sidewalk. Here's an excerpt:
They told me to clean it off. I told them to "fine me." I said, "get the board to fine me. I'm on the board, so let's have a meeting about it and fine me." "It looks like shit," they said. "Children live here," I replied. "We have drug dealers and hookers on the street and you guys are complaining about a child's drawing that will wash away when it rains?" "We don't know when it's going to rain. It's defacing the property." Read the entire post...
Does this kind of thing happen in other cities? Because it seems like it happens a lot in Ottawa. A few years back some neighbours in Barrhaven complained about kids playing ball hockey on their street. And earlier this year a school tried banning balls outside during the winter to prevent injury. Or those "no busking allowed" signs on Canada Day. Ottawa: no fun allowed.

Related:
Ottawa Community Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.