- The majority of the transit union members vote "no" to the city's offer ... but 25% vote yes.
- A mediator will meet with both sides on Monday to try to get talks going.
- Larry O'Brien says the city has plans to ease the burden on commuters. (Why'd they wait until a month into the strike?) Plans include offering Transitway access to shuttle buses, such as the ones being run by universities, expanding Para Transpo service (including hiring more drivers).
- O'Brien also says the City of Ottawa"will be immediately providing emergency funding to those at risk of losing their jobs due to an inability to get transportation." Whatever that means.
- The City is also laying off some OC Transpo workers because of the work stoppage.
- Andre Cornellier joins the dark side (at least in the Ottawa Sun).
- Some funny stuff on YouTube.
- What next? David Reevely offers his suggestion.
January 09, 2009
OC Transpo Strike: Day 31
In the news today: