- Make sure you eat first, or sneak in a snack. The concessions were a disaster. With about 1 hour between the two games tonight, thousands of people tried in vain to grab a bite to eat at the Lansdowne Park concessions. (There were similar concessions problems the night before at Lebreton Flats.)
- The guy behind us spent over an hour in line for a $4 slice of pizza. Lansdowne Park was sold out - yet inexplicably not all of the concession stands were open.
- Suggestion for the organizers: Allow people to leave Lansdowne Park between games to get food on Bank Street. Or add many, many more food vendors.
- Frank Clair Stadium was packed, meaning close to 27,000 people attended the game. It was great to see the stadium packed on a summer evening.
- It was the most colourful crowd we've ever seen at Frank Clair Stadium. Argentina had the biggest crowd support, but fans were there in jerseys from all around the globe.
- No goals scored during either game. Game #2 (Czech Republic vs. Argentina) was the better match, with lots of chances both ways.|
- OC Transpo looked like they were well equipped for the post-game rush, with dozens of buses parked along Bank Street at the end of the game.
June 30, 2007
Have fun at the FIFA U20 game, but make sure you eat first
Just got home from the first night of the FIFA U-20 World Cup tournament in Ottawa. Some quick thoughts: